"People will assume your sickness is your fault. No matter what kind of long-term illness you have, you will eventually run into this person. The one who remains convinced that, despite what doctors say, you are sick because you just haven’t tried enough. “But have you tried positive thinking?” they ask you. “What about switching to an all-raw lembas diet?"
reminders to friends of chronically ill people:
- if we actually say it hurts, that means it REALLY HURTS
- if we dont say it hurts, it probably still hurts
- if we spoke up every time we were uncomfortable/in pain we would be yelling constantly
- never ask if we’re “still sick”
- never act surprised that we’re “still sick”
- we’re probably gonna be still sick forever so please just be supportive and remember that we’re in pain all the fucking time and thats why we’re slow and forget stuff and flake out on you
(Source: celestitespires, via fibromyalgiasucks)
Too much truth to this meme lol.
We make it look better than any ordinary waltz though ;)